Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Random Acts of Reading Blog


New blog alert: Random Acts of Reading is written by ten sales reps for Random House Children’s Publishing.  Now there's a group of people with a firm handle on the most recent happenings in children's publishing!  They  will be doing things only publishing insiders can, like giving sneak peeks into upcoming books and offering exclusive giveaways. Best of all are their Insider Features - i.e. a day in the life of a children's book editor.  Haven't you always wondered what having that job would be like? 

Today's post is book recommendations for the expectant parent.  I think books (followed by diapers) are the very best baby gifts. I'd rather have a naked baby and a pile of books than a stack of fancy outfits. Unfortunately, it seems many people are enamored with the same books, so you don't get much variety. I see a lot of Sandra Boynton, Eric Carle and Dr. Seuss getting unwrapped, thrown in with copies of Guess How Much I Love You and Goodnight Moon


Thank you, Random Acts of Reading for recommending some lesser-known titles, like The ABCs of Rock, which is "the perfect present for moms and dads who rock!"  I have already heard great things about this book and am most definitely looking forward to getting my hands on it this fall. I heartily second The New Baby's Baby Journal for expectant parents - way more fun and better looking than traditional baby books.  I'm not familiar with The Paper Bag Princess, but the write up (girl power + dragons) makes me want to track down a copy.

In short, the blog is full of good stuff, so check it out!
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com